Making sure you are using the correct diamond tooling is a huge factor in getting the most out of your concrete grinder.
Each type of concrete requires a different diamond to get through it quickly and efficiently. This does not mean you need to have every type of diamond tooling with you, but it does often pay off to have a range of sets of diamonds to meet the required projects you come across onsite.
Before purchasing your next diamond tooling you must consider:
- Hard Concrete = Soft Bonded Diamond
- Average House Slab = Medium Bonded Diamond
- Soft Concrete = Hard Bonded Diamond
- Less Segments = More Aggressive + shows more swirl marks
Grind & Seal Example:
Finish with a 120 grit 12 segment then use coating to seal
- Super Soft, Soft, Medium, Hard
- 16 grit, 30 grit, 60 grit, 120 grit